Savvy Caregiver Training is a six session training dedicated to people who care for family members and friends with dementias (like Alzheimer’s). Our goal is to reduce caregiver stress by offering easy-to-understand information about progressive dementias, related medicines, and diagnostic tools. In the program we help caregivers build skills on relating to persons of dementia when they behave in ways that baffle, embarrass or irritate you and others.
Here is an introduction into our New Year schedule. In 2016, we are making Savvy available in 6 or 7 week versions. Choose whichever series works for your schedule and call Tom Rinkoski at (352) 692-5226 to register. Or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesdays: 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Beginning January 12, 2016 @ Hospice of Citrus and the Nature Coast in Palatka, FL (six weeks version)
- Wednesdays: 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Beginning January 20, 2016 @ UF/IFAS Hamilton County Extension in Jasper, FL (six week version)
- Tuesdays: 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Beginning February 2, 2016 @ HPH Hospice in Lecanto, FL (seven weeks version)
- Thursdays: 2:00 – 4:00 pm. Beginning February 4, 2016 @ Hospice of Marion County in Ocala, FL (six week version)
- Mondays: 1:00 – 3:00 pm, Beginning February 8, 2016 @ Alachua County Senior Center in Gainesville, FL (six week version)
More dates of upcoming Savvy Caregiver Trainings can be found at our Web Page (http://www.agingresources.org/savvy-caregiver-for-families). Or, go to our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/SavvyCaregiverNorthCentralFlorida) for other information, tips and techniques about caregiving and dementia.
Here is the list of free webinars the Alzheimer’s Association, Central and North Florida Chapter will be providing during January. These webinars are a great opportunity for working caregivers, caregivers who cannot travel to an in-person educational session or anyone who wants to become more informed about Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and/or caregiving. (We are repeating the Caregiver Stress webinar from December as we had several people who wanted to participate but were unable to do so due to holiday schedules).